Monday, January 4, 2010

I am as tall as my teacher !






"Hey ! Did you see the 'Bournvita Plus' advertisement ?" quipped Tina.

"Oh, not that one, you sure must stick to our favorite, 'Complan' added Rani.

I couldn't help but give my undivided attention to the conversation coming from the two sweet girls playing at the corner of the play ground. After all, who would want to miss out on a debate involving 'Milk - the complete food' and that too from the eyes of the kids themselves. But apart from the advertisement and the packaging, the next piece of conversation really impressed and amused me.

"Do you know, I am as tall as Sheetal teacher ?" said Rani to her best friend. Tina in the mean time was thinking of something better to add. And overhearing their conversation, I was surprised, for Sheetal teacher is quite tall with an impressive height of 5'7". My surprise led me back to these two, and I casually asked Rani who is just 4'1" tall, 'How come you are as tall as Sheetal teacher ?'

"Oh Aunty ! When Sheetal teacher sits in her chair and I stand near her for getting my notebook corrected, at that time I stand as tall as my teacher" pat came Rani's reply with an ear to ear smile.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Swapna,
    This is Shruti. I don't know if you remember me. I only met you at Nilu's birthday parties. I came to your blog through Nilu's blog. I am touched by all your blogs about your daughter. They are very loving and gentle. She creeps into almost every post. Just thought I'd let you know I enjoyed reading through your blog. I have two daughters (8 and 2 years old) so I could identify with what you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children have their own logic:) Can't argue with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna meet Sheetal teacher once :)

    ReplyDelete

My Valuable Comment for the writer .....