Saturday, October 24, 2015

Stealing Time

I enjoy reading literature, novels, science fiction etc. which at times makes me so much engrossed in the book that I am oblivious to my surrounding. This hobby of mine was though kept in the closet as the demands from the job and family grew and continue still, though their nature has changed. Now with a teenage daughter, I have found myself with some time to pursue this hobby of mine during 'my' time which I manage to find when either all are watching TV or I am not in the kitchen. Frankly speaking, I also enjoy watching TV but I am not a couch potato. So I am gifted with 45 minutes or so when I engross myself in the book.

I have read many books on / by Three Investigators, Jane Austen, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Agatha Christie, Sidney Sheldon, Sudha Murthy, Dan Brown, Chetan Bhagat etc.
I also remember the school library where things used to be proper and books were revered. We used to have a library class when the books had to be selected as per our roll numbers. The last of the number students got less popular books. It was one such day when I was left with a book titled 'Scarlet Pimpernel'. The name and author were not known to me but anyways, reading came naturally to me and by the time I had finished reading it, I was glad that I was given the book. Till date the book still remains in my memory and I enjoyed reading it.

The same situation now presents itself these days, when my daughter gets such lovely books from the school library that I read them within a week. In fact, I have started looking forward to Mondays when a new book will reveal to me and I will steal some time from my daily routine to enjoy this hobby of mine.

Along with the reading habit, I have also explored my writing abilities through this blog. Expressing views and opinions and experiences has become so easy and far reachable that indeed one gets heard. But at the same time, the truth is that all want to say, speak and talk but none wants to hear, listen and converse. Blogging is a way out of this and I am glad to be a blogger.

1 comment:

  1. yes blogger is a listening ear... sometimes with response and sometimes without ...

    ReplyDelete

My Valuable Comment for the writer .....