Monday, December 1, 2008

The two Pigeons




I really wonder the way Pune looked 15 years ago; I had heard of people wearing sweaters in summer mornings and the winters being chilly and the landscape near the city was lush and green. Thats what I heard, never saw; for I came to Pune when the economic growth of people and Pune was on the upswing and the city was witnessing a drastic change; a change not only in the weather but also the culture. I still remember the summer vacation that my aunt invited me and my sister to her new home and what a cool and green pune city was !



Times change and so do people and so do situations ! I am now happily married and settled in my own house in Pune. My husband is a 'cosmopolitan naturalist', he manages to keep greenery around him by using potted plants. Our little daughter is no less; she brings her muddy feet in the house and loves to knead the mud instead of the flour. In addition to these two, our house is warm and inviting; be it friends or neighbours or the two pigeons who have made the bathroom window, their home.



Every morning, I can see their silhouettes
Against the window, and at day break,
They fly in the open inviting, bluish orange sky.
They come back now and then
To rest on the window till refreshed again.
Once or twice, I have observed
Only one bird sits on the abode
Not because the other lost its way
But because it was busy till the whole day.


Working towards finding two square meals
It flew away farther than the hills,
Isn't this what we are facing in our life ?


Letting life slip by when we are toiling all the while?
On our way to glory,
how many of us do worry,
About the missed togetherness
and the cherished close tenderness !


Am I not the pigeon and waiting
for the other to come home?


With so many thoughts, you can well imagine that the life has become complex indeed ! The green pastures are now replaced by dark roads and a concrete junlge stands in between. What refreshes me the most is the existence of nature, though scattered. Do we not take efforts to have the greenery around us? Thats because we feel a part of nature. The desire to be a part of the whole eternity and our longing for togetherness with nature. Its very refreshing to see the birds flying daily out of their homes in the morning and coming back in the evening.


My window friends give a whole new dimension to me and my husband's relationship, our home, our flying in and out of the house and cherishing the togetherness.




1 comment:

  1. Very well said Tai.
    Two people may be distance apart but still can enjoy togetherness and two people can be so near yet so far.

    ReplyDelete

My Valuable Comment for the writer .....