Monday, January 21, 2019

The Hara Bhara Kabab

Visiting any restaurant, entails lots of planning, especially where kids are concerned. The ambiance has to be just perfect to keep the kid(s) engrossed in the food variety as well as the interior designs or props such as the commonly used fish tank. The amount of happiness of the parent is exactly proportional to child's engrossment in the dining area surroundings or the child's engagement with the food plate ! 

It was one such evening at one of The Kamat Hotel, that the three of us; my husband, our seven year old daughter and myself; that saw us looking at the menu card. The occasion was our eighth marriage anniversary and the choice of venue was unanimously decided. After answering umpteen questions posed by our daughter, related to the fishes kept in the fish tank, we were finally able to read the menu. One of the item was hara bhara kabab that my husband liked and ordered along with a few other items on the list. 

It was now a question of waiting for the waiter to bring our order. I was looking out towards the kitchen. At that instant, I saw a waiter carrying a plate of some unknown food with some glowing tomatoes. I was surprised at the nice, elegant and glowing tomatoes where a candle each had been placed in the carved out tomatoes. I was instinctively taken in by the dish and thought, "Wish we had ordered this dish ! It would have been perfect for our anniversary celebrations". I turned to face my family and could not resist speaking to my husband, "the lady is so lucky to have such a thoughtful husband". 

Lo and behold ! The waiter brought the dish with the brightly lit candles placed in the tomatoes and surrounded by the hara bhara kabab. I was speechless and my expression said it all. My husband had the biggest smile with his mouth full of his favorite, the 'Hara Bhara Kabab'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Valuable Comment for the writer .....